Cloud deployments often run into operational friction due to manual network processes. The OpenStack Cloud Adapter works in conjunction with the open-source OpenStack cloud orchestration platform to automate the provisioning of core IP networking services to OpenStack environments.
The adapter automates the provisioning of IP addresses to newly created virtual machines, updating DNS and DHCP records and configuring network devices quickly and efficiently. Upon de-commissioning of virtual machines the IP addresses are reclaimed, while DNS/DHCP records are de-allocated and archived.
- Single management console that automates network services for cloud, virtual and physical networks, even across multiple cloud platforms.
- High availability and automated disaster recovery failover for core IP network services, including DNS, DHCP and IP address management.
- Smart folders for managing networks and tenants by group, VLAN or network, including support for floating IP addresses and overlapping fixed IP addresses, allowing network information to be grouped in logical sets.
- Support for multiple overlapping network blueprints for DNS and DHCP, so DevOps can manage Test, QA and Production networks without changing configurations
- Provision systems in minutes, instead of days, with automated IP address provisioning and reclamation.
- Simplify troubleshooting and reduce downtime with real-time visibility into physical and virtualized network infrastructure.
- Manage movement between VM clusters easily with synchronization of critical DNS, DHCP and IP address services.
- A system that is capable of running OpenStack Liberty with Neutron Networking enabled
- Infoblox NIOS 7.2.4 and above